Complaints and Dispute Resolution Process
Binding Orders and Sanctions
The following binding orders and sanctions can be made or imposed on Code Members for a Code breach:
- order rectification of the problem procedures;
- order a Code Member to comply with the provisions of the Code or a specified provision of the Code;
- order a Code Member to comply with the provisions of the Code Procedures or a specified provision of the Code Procedures;
- order a Code Member to undertake through an independent and appropriately qualified person an audit of its compliance procedures;
- order a Code Member to publish corrective advertising;
- order a Code Member to undertake, or require their employees or agents to undertake, professional education of a specific type;
- impose a timetable for compliance with the above orders by a Code Member;
- publish details of any non-compliance by a Code Member, including their name and the name of the Company they represent; and
- recommend to NIBA that the Code Member be removed or suspended as a member of the Code and NIBA.
No monetary penalties can be imposed on a Code Member.
The Code commits us to:
- high standards of customer service;
- a free and transparent complaints and compliance review process; and
- abide by any binding sanctions imposed on us under the Code for any breach.