ITC Education Inc. created this course for brokers interested in learning the basics of cyber insurance.
This is an online self study course and open to all of Australia.
To obtain your CPD points you must sign in and gain 100% completion required, graded final assessment. The final assessment consists of 10 questions. ITC Education Inc. have a requirement of 70% to pass the exam.
On completion ITC Education Inc. will award you 3 CPD points.
The course starts with a basic high-level overview of two core coverages in a cyber policy: Privacy and Security. Followed by an explanation of the liability exposures these coverages can create for companies.
In the Cyber Policy overview chapter, we provide students with a basic framework to analyze and organize the insuring agreements in a cyber policy. This sets the foundation to then dive into 6 cyber exposures and coverage solutions: privacy, network security, ransomware, business interruption, media liability, and social engineering fraud.
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Explain what is covered under a stand-alone cyber policy
- Explain why and how privacy and security breaches create exposure for companies
- Explain how vulnerabilities create exposure for companies.
- Provide a claims scenario for ransomware, a business interruption, and social engineering loss.
- Conduct a policy comparison of critical differences.