Job Competencies for Accounts Executive
- Monitor and develop the skills of junior staff.
- Work with others to achieve objectives
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching
- Conflict management
Sales and marketing
- Contribute as required to the acquisition of new business.
- Prepare new business submissions
- Establish and maintain a relevant network of business contacts.
- Contribute as required to the development of client revenue budgets and to monitor and achieve the budgets that are set.
- Monitor a portfolio of clients requirements to ensure current insurance and risk management needs are fully met to the satisfaction of the clients
- Develop with colleagues and insurers, recommendations and options to adequately and cost-effectively meet clients' insurance needs.
- Present recommendations and options to clients and to agree and receive instructions on their implementation.
- Prepare and execute policy documentation implementing clients' instructions.
- Prepare and provide clients with Manuals of Insurance and Insurance Schedules.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of clients' industries, businesses and risks.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with clients and relevant members of clients staff
- Keep clients appropriately informed of all matters related to their insurance.
- Ensure timely and favourable settlement of claims.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate knowledge of the market and insurance product wordings
- Adhere to company and industry standards
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and industry requirements and codes.
- Keep management and others informed appropriately and as required about his/her work
- Invoice clients and ensure collection of premiums.
- Use personal effectiveness techniques at a level appropriate to the position:
- Personal work planning
- Interpersonal skills
- Active listening/questioning
- Business writing
- Use of the telephone
- Use of personal computer and systems
- Project management
- Upgrade from Tier 1 to full Diploma by coursework
- Upgrade from Tier 1 to full Diploma by assessment
- Advanced Diploma in Financial Services
- Graduate Diploma in Financial Services by coursework