Job Competencies of Broker Claims Managers
- Work with others to achieve objectives
- Lead, motivate, counsel and develop staff.
- On-the-job training and coaching
- Conflict management
Planning and control
- Establishing, tracking and recording priorities
- Claims management
- Keep clients appropriately informed on the progress of claims.
- Use claims settlement as a marketing tool.
Operations and compliance
- Liaise with underwriters, assessors, legal advisors and clients to achieve settlement of claims.
- Ensure timely and favourable settlement of claims.
- Prepare process and monitor clients' claims.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and industry requirements and codes.
- Keep management and other informed appropriately and as required about his/her work.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate knowledge of the insurance market
- Briefing specialist advisers
- Knowledge of insurance policies
Use personal effectiveness techniques at a level appropriate to the position.
- Problem solving and decision making
- Stress management
- Personal work planning
- Business writing
- Questioning techniques
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Use of the telephone
- Use of personal computer and systems
- Claims Handlers Course
- Diploma of Financial Services in Insurance Broking or Insurance Services by coursework or assessment